CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In Search of Love and Meaning

Every day I shed my tacky nightgown
scan
The papers for the cosmical
barometer
What perils I should circumbent
what
Alliances to cultivate, the tides
The hemlines, water levels,
indexes of
Copper, sugar, chrome, antics of kinds
Weather forecast, obituaries, ads
Whose self-advertisement were published
Who has come or gone?
One must protect ones shares of stock
In search of ecstasy and wisdom,
I down my pan de sal and coffee,
Take a stroll among my flora, coaxing
Them to bloom, I nuzzle the baby,
wash
My seams, intone my mantra, take
A crap, tidy up, I figure what's for
Lunch, I mend a tear, settle a bill,
Medicate a wound, make a call or
two
Struggle to maintain my equanimity
I communicate, condone, condemn,
condole,
Conspire, chuckle, consider, congratulate,
Con, corrupt, compare, I compose
I contemplate
And when the boys are home for lunch,
then
Naptime, write a thing or two,
issue a
Communique, an application, inquiry
a gripe
My second cup of coffee, venture
out into
"THE WORLD OUT THERE SOMEWHERE"
because one
Must protect ones share of stock, get on
In the world swagger, strut, protect for
what would
Mater say or Auntie E. by Noche Buena time?
Should I get on a notch or two?
Today I crave for adventure, a tribal
intiation
To some esoteric lore, I engineer
today's
Disguise, an exercise in packaging
to
Camouflage the pangs of aging
Just what it is that physical decay can
Teach? I take a mental note to fast
and pray
Just who was it who died the
other day?
We ooze out poesies when young
and prose much later
And the we clamber up our wheels,
my spouse
Turns up the engine, navigates,
we're off
To realms mysterious, lairs of dragons
tower off
ivory, rooms, of porphyry were
Dwelleth beauty or perchance today
vertiginous madness
And decay, domains of pomp, or
filthy hovels
Where miracles lurk around the
edges
To celebrate...
celebrations,castigations, journeys
astral
And mundane, tree and phoney
kindoms of ennui
Accidie, grandeur, truth and beauty.
Of pain and evasion, music of
the spheres
Territorial battles, hair raising
feats of
Endurance, hum drum encounters,
tedious divagations
Then by midnight we are home
with son in tow
I tuck the children in, perform
my ablutions
Slip into my nightgown, press
their acupuncture
points, meredians in the feel
it's back
Dailiness,read Kerove or Fuller
Ploit of hexagrams
Of Yin and Yang, consider the
plight
Of the planet, the state and stability
Of the nation, How and What I Goofed,
My literary non-career, Impending
droughts
Local and global, Imbalances, ecological
And Interpersonal, mny little
triumphs of defeats
The state of my pocketbook
And the evascence of things
12,000 odd days later,
What does it all add up to?
I see its youth that swaggers
While the ageing, buckle down to
Comfort and whats got to be done
Beyond my round of dailiness
and ecstasy
Beyond the world lies poesie..

* I love this poem (but this isn't mine.. sigh*). I found it about 10 years ago when my evil boss locked me in the stock room. Oh no,I wasn't brutally abuse. It was just I lost an important paper and I had to dig all the stuff and eat all the dust in the stock room to find it out. Unfortunately, I didnt find what I was looking for,instead I found an old magazine issued on the day and year I was born. This poem caught my eye. I wasn't able to figure out the name of the author because the part where his name was written was torn. Email me if you're the author :-) Oh please dont sue me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm I really dont understand the whole poem

Anonymous said...

whew! Hard to understand the whole poem.. oh-uh..hmmm..but my eyes caught on this " I down my pan de sal and coffee", and this "My second cup of coffee, venture
out into.. I thought the next will be... I drink, drunk, drank the coffee after all I down the pandesal.. hahahaha.. have you try that way? LOL.. so yummy!

Phantom said...

LOL! Not sure if the author would have thought that.. but I tried "dipping my padesal on my cup of coffee".. :P